Having a phone in an office is an obvious must have; however, in many offices, there are still holes in the efficiency of communication. Colleagues struggle to set meetings in the same location due to busy schedules and workloads. This creates a lack of synergy and ultimately putting an unwanted cap on productivity.
This is where Web Conferencing gives a boost to that productivity. We have experienced a wide range of conference, video call, and communication tools since starting the "useful stuff" section. Upon discovering Zoom, we knew it was definitely one to be featured on our page.
Zoom's features do not stop at voice calls, it also includes video & web. Our top five favourite features of each section include;
- HD Video & Voice - High Definition is vital to any conference, without clear visual and audio there can be vital information missed by participants.
- Active Speaker View - Retains attention on the call by automatically detecting the current speaker and focuses their video feed on the screen.
- Full-Screen Gallery View - Displays all video feeds on a widescreen view.
- Screen Sharing Capabilities - Directly broadcast to participants screens.
- Participate on a traditional phone/mobile device - Allows participants on the move to have more flexibility with what meetings they can attend.
- Remote access to participants PC's/Laptops via an authorised connection - Ease of access to control another device from participants own device.
- Chrome/Outlook Plug-Ins - Schedules conferences directly from a Google/Outlook calendar.
- Local Recording - Keep a replay of the conference.
- Host Controls - The host of the conference can manage the participants by adjusting audio, video, and screen options.
- Raise Hand - A simplistic but clever feature, participants can send a small alert to the host if they have a question while muted.
The features listed are all included in the free plan, a great package to select for small businesses eager to boost their productivity. Paid packages are available from Pro to Enterprise, each level including a selection of features added on from the last.
I hope you find the above useful. If you have any questions about the blog or would like to arrange a chat, please contact us at [email protected]