Hastings, East Sussex
We are looking to recruit a Building Manager for an iconic building, 188 units in Hastings.
The Building Manager will be required to maintain and enhance the smooth operation of the building for the benefit of all residents, by managing and developing the on-site staff into a trusted and valued customer focused organisation, ensuring that all policies and procedures are observed to protect the safety and security of everyone.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in responding to issues and situations and driving improvements within the site.
- Act as the liaison between the buildings’ operations staff and the Managing Agents/Senior Property Manager.
- Maintain an overview of building operations and be proactive in addressing issues and areas for improvement.
- Manage and coach all on site staff, prepare the duty roster and timetable, and arrange cover for absence, holidays and sick leave.
- Undertake record keeping and general administrative duties required to provide contractual information to the Senior Property Manager/Managing Agents.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to ensure all contractors and privately instructed tradespersons working on residents’ projects, follow prescribed procedures and preserve the safety and integrity of the building and its services.
- Issue appropriate written communications to the residents to ensure they are kept informed about maintenance activities and other building works, resolving complaints, problems and requests as they arise.
- Oversee all aspects of security and take the necessary steps to protect the security and safety of residents at all times.
- Monitor health and safety matters; apply procedures and report issues accordingly.
- Ensure staff receive (and keep refreshed) appropriate training needed to perform their duties and deliver a high-quality service and first-class living environment for residents.
Has a professional, flexible and committed approach.
Will have the confidence to take on responsibility for the safe, secure and harmonious operation of the building.
Committed to building a team and to developing the skills and capabilities of team members in pursuit of a high-quality service culture.
Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of residents who may be agitated or in need of assistance.
- Can remain calm in challenging situations.
- Has excellent written and oral communication, together with competent IT and negotiation skills.
We are proud to promote diversity and inclusivity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.