We have a new opportunity for a London based investment banking advisory firm who are seeking an In-house Lawyer.
The successful candidate must demonstrate they have solid regulatory compliance knowledge gained within the financial services industry.
The In-house Lawyer will have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate great attention to detail.
The role is part-time (20-30 hours per week), plus a generous 50% bonus as well as other staff perks such as hybrid working available.
- Manage the relationship with the FCA, including acting as the MLRO, and CF16 and CF17, and all day to day liaison with the FCA
- Fulfil all FCA reporting requirements
- Oversee the Firm’s compliance framework and ensure that the Firm is acting within the regulations and principles set by regulators
- Develop a periodic monitoring programme of policies and procedures to ensure that the Firm stays in compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Provide strategic regulatory advice to the business based on a proportionate risk assessment of the regulatory frameworks relevant to the Firm’s commercial objectives
- Provide legal support for business including assistance with drafting and negotiating agreements and regulatory responses (including NDA/ engagement letters) and liaise and take ownership of relationship with external lawyers
- Coordinate, instruct and monitor external lawyers in the UK, where appropriate
- Manage all legal matters relating to the management of the LLP, including Member meetings
- Manage all matters relating to the lease and rates review
- Responsible for Management Accounting related matters
- At least 5 years’ PQE as a lawyer in the UK
- Experience operating in legal or compliance roles within UK regulated financial services companies
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communicator with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Have strong organisational, numerical and analytical skills
We are proud to promote diversity and inclusivity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we are not able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the application process.
Should you be interviewed for one of our vacancies (either phone or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.