Eco consciousness is a hot topic in our society right now, with global warming increasing at alarmingly high rates doing everything you can as a business to be sustainable and kind to the earth has never been more important. Not only does it benefit our planet, but it will also help attract and sustain more customers, clients, candidates, and employees to your business, and prevent you from losing existing ones.
There are so many simple ways you can implement Eco-friendly strategies into your business, today we want to share a few with you…
- Recycling – sounds stereotypical I know, but it’s such an easy way to do your part for the world, this is especially important in larger businesses who produce a lot of waste – the more recycling you do the better. Recycling electronics is also a must for businesses and there are plenty of ways to do this nowadays.
- If you specialize in e-commerce or anything related, try to stick to Eco conscious packaging/materials, and don’t use any packaging that isn’t 100% necessary to the product in question!
- If your business has the available budget to switch to a green form of energy within the work space that is a good option, solar power/wind power is a renewable form of energy and it can often save you a lot of money in the long term.
- Allowing staff to work from home offices where possible to prevent pollution from travel could be something to look into, alternatively helping to arrange carpool systems between employees or providing some form of public transport access at a discounted or free rate, e.g. free bus passes for workers who require a vehicle to get to work can make a huge difference.
- Forming connections with other businesses also taking on Eco-friendly frameworks is important, having these links can help create great partnerships and collaborations, as well as providing all sides with double, triple, etc. The ideas they would’ve come up with alone. You can also work with the other teams to establish how to best implement these new Eco conscious strategies.
Although this is not a vast list, we hope that these ideas will get you started on or help you continue your journey to becoming an entirely Eco-friendly company. Good luck!
Written by Alyssa Maxwell-Healey
I hope you find the above useful. If you have any questions about the blog or would like to arrange a chat, please contact us at [email protected]